Friday, December 14, 2012

O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree

...thy leaves are so unchanging!  

Thank you thank you (be happy you aren't actually hearing me singing-it sounds much better in my head than in real life!)

Anyways, I forgot to post pictures of my tannenbaum with my other Christmas decorations.  I didn't want him to feel left out.


I mentioned that I scaled back quite a bit on the decorations and went for more of a rustic/silver and gold this year.  The tree was no exception.  I kept all of the non-silver/white/gold decorations off this year.  I really would have liked to do a tree skirt like this:

DIY No Sew Ruffle Christmas Tree Skirt made from Burlap

but I just haven't had the time.  Yet.  It might happen now that I'm healthy and Christmas break is looming.  So close yet so far!


Yes I scaled WAY back on tree ornaments.  Mostly because our little $15 tree can't hack it.  Seriously it's fallen over multiple times each of the 3 years we've had it.  So far so good this year *knock on wood.*

Here's a close up of some of my favorite ornaments.


And here he is in all his glory with the lights on.


We've already decided that the big guy is going to be transitioning to the airplane tree next year since our little guy is overflowing with airplanes.  Yes sir we are in the market for bigger and better in the Christmas tree department once December 26 rolls around!

Are you doing a real or fake tree this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment